- Serves 4
- bamix Deluxe Handheld Immersion Blender
bamix Deluxe Handheld Immersion Blender
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small commission for purchases made using the links. There is no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure policy.
Cooking is fun, especially when you have a handheld immersion blender by your side...!
I love to take my time testing various methods to see what works best, but let's face it, when under pressure to produce daily meals to feed my family, I don't always have the luxury of time.
If, like me, you also don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen preparing daily meals, then a bamix Deluxe could be just the appliance you need.
What are the advantages of owning a handheld immersion blender?
- It is incredibly easy to use - simply immerse and press a button.
- It saves a lot of time and effort in the kitchen and makes for very easy work whilst preparing food.
- It is compact and takes up far less valuable counter space than a traditional blender or food processor.
- It saves on washing up, as the blender can be immersed directly into the saucepan or mixing bowl without having to first transfer the contents to a separate bowl.
- A handheld immersion blender is extremely easy to clean - simply run it under a hot tap to rinse, using a bit of dishwashing liquid for the dirtiest parts.
So why choose the bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender?
- Reliable Swiss engineering and robust manufacturing means you can expect an investment in a bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender to last you several decades.
- It comes with three interchangeable blades (aerating, blending and chopping) for multifunctional use.
- It has a powerful motor to tackle heavy loads, whilst also being very quiet to operate.
- It has two speed settings that are operated manually, so you can choose to either pulse intermittently or blend continuously.
- The bamix Deluxe comes with a stand for resting when not in use, as well as a dry grinder, useful for spices, coffee, nuts, etc.
- The housing is double insulated for water tightness, which means the blender can be immersed right up to the handle.
- A special coating on its shaft helps it to resist grease and repel odours.
How does the bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender work?
- The bamix Deluxe works exactly as you'd imagine and is very easy to use. You simply immerse it into the mixture you want to blend, and press the button.
- With its three separate attachments and two speed settings, it is extremely versatile and can perform a range of food processes, including chopping, pureeing, beating, blending, frothing, stirring and emulsifying.
- The stand is very useful for storing the blender and blades when not in use.
- The dry grinder is a bonus and comes in handy when you need to chop nuts or grind coffee beans or whole spices.
Are there any disadvantages to the bamix Deluxe?
- The blades are exposed, so you'll need to use caution when changing them, and always make sure it is unplugged when doing so.
- The blades are small, which can sometimes be fiddly to change and to wash.
- The power cord is attached to the blender, which means it sometimes dangles awkwardly when you're cleaning it and setting it in the dish rack to dry.
- The dry grinder blade is not attached to the pot, so be aware when emptying out the contents.
- It is not the cheapest handheld immersion blender on the market.
My personal opinion?
I have owned my bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender for over 10 years, and it is still going strong. It is one of the kitchen appliances I use regularly, and I definitely count it amongst my most trusted.
It has been a faithful companion in all my cooking adventures, from making baby food, to blitzing soup, or making desserts, dips or sauces. I love that it gets the job done quickly and efficiently, and it really is very easy to use and comfortable to hold.
The ergonomic design means that your hand fits around it naturally, with the thumb hooking in the groove at the back, whilst the third, fourth and fifth fingers wrap around the front, leaving the index finger free to press the relevant speed button.
And it's a real benefit to be able to blend directly in the pot you cooked in. No more dirtying a separate blender jug or food processor bowl. Need apple sauce? Cook the apples, immerse the blender, and voila. Need to mash up your toddler's food? Dish into a bowl, and pulse with the blender.
The best feature of the bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender really has to be how easy it is to clean. Cleaning the kitchen afterwards is certainly not my favourite part of cooking, so the ease with which you can clean the bamix Deluxe was a huge selling point for me. It reduces total clean up time to a fraction of what it would be if you used a traditional blender or food processor. Now that is hard to beat!
Perhaps the hidden gem amongst them all is the dry spice grinder. I'll admit I didn't buy the bamix Deluxe for the spice grinder, but as it was part of the package, I have found myself using it quite a bit. It is great for creating your own spice mixes, making light work of an otherwise time consuming process using a traditional mortar and pestle. I also use it quite a lot for chopping nuts, grinding coffee beans or seeds.
- If you're looking for a multifunctional kitchen appliance to help with your food processing needs, the bamix Deluxe handheld immersion blender could be what you need.
- It is robust, well made and should provide you with decades of use.
- It is an investment that yields extremely good value for money, given its multiple uses and long life.
- It is compact and takes up very little space on the kitchen counter.
- It comes with a stand for storage and a bonus dry spice grinder.
- It is very easy to use and even easier to clean!
What's on your mind?
Let us know any thoughts, comments or questions by getting in touch here.
Back to the Top!